Harvest Hotel - At The Gate
Cromwell’s Harvest Hotel (formerly Golden Gate Lodge) is Central Otago's gateway
accommodation where all 47 Qualmark rated standard and premium suites have
French doors opening onto breath-taking mountain, vineyard and rural views. For
golfers, the location could not be better with the 18-hole Cromwell Golf Course – one
of NZ’s top country links – right next door. Just 3km away, Highlands Motorsport
Park attractions will quench the most parched thirst for speed.
The three two-storey wings of Harvest Hotel are in the grounds of The Gate tourist
complex alongside Highway 8B and just down the road from Cromwell’s famous 13
metre ‘Big Fruit’ sculpture celebrating Central Otago fruit growing. Although not part
of the sculpture, pinot noir grapes have established Cromwell Basin as hub of the
Central Otago wine region.
For Harvest Hotel guests, dinner is served in the very popular hunting lodge themed
Five Stags Bar & Restaurant (daily 11am until late) with a la carte and cabinet food
breakfast and lunch in the spaciously modern Forage Information Centre & Café
(daily 6am – 4pm). A further benefit for Harvest Hotel guests is Cromwell’s famous
Black Panther Pizza menu.
www.thegate.nz has many more reasons to make Harvest Hotel your place to stay in
Central Otago and the Southern Lakes.
- 47 Premium & -Standard Studio Suites (incl. accessible and spa bath suites)
- Free Wi-Fi and flat screen TV
- Single rollaway beds available
- 24 hour reception (receptionist 6.30am to 10.30pm, afterhours night porter)
- Ample parking (cars, motorhomes, boat trailers, etc)
- Planted and sheltered guest courtyard
- Conference Centre & Wedding Venue
- On site Super Liquor store
- Central to Queenstown and Wanaka ski fields
- 40 mins to/from Queenstown International Airport
- 35 mins to/from Wanaka
- 2 hours to/from West Coast
- 2.5 hours to/from Dunedin
- 5 hours to/from Christchurch