- This event has passed.
Ben Nevis Station – Golden 1200 Hillclimb
March 6 - March 8
Welcome to the ingaural Ben Nevis Station Golden 1200 Hillclimb. This truly spectacular 6km gravel hillclimb will be the start of something big as we look for this event to become an iconic NZ motorsport event. Twisty, but yet fast piece of road with amazing natural spectator zones that can see up to half the stage at once.
Spectator access to the stage will be free, with prime spectator spots and plenty of on-event parking.
Some key event details:
– Camping available in pit area during event
– Highlands pre-event activities Friday 6 March
– Gala dinner Saturday night at Ben Nevis Station
– Post event prize giving at The Gate hotel, Cromwell, Sunday 8 March
– Extensive competitor gift packs with every entry including wine, merchandise and meal tickets
– 3 runs each day, with fastest run from each day added together for final overall and class results
– Extensive media coverage, with video reports posted/sent after each run and extended commentated highlights end of each day. Longer 15min wrap up video after the event and for TV use. Permanent team of 3 media personnel on site for prominent and regular media updates
– Live timing and available for fans/competitors online
– Passengers will be allowed in cars