The Henry’s Lake Dunstan Cycle Challenge is a 96km sealed road circuit, generally flat, from Cromwell around Lake Dunstan passing through Northburn, Tarras, Luggate and back down Wanaka Road to the Cromwell Sports Club.
The Cycle Challenge forms part of the action-packed Subway Cromwell Summer Series that comprises this event plus two MTB rides, a triathlon and a half marathon.
This ride will involve riding on State highway 6, 8A and 8B.
- Ride as far left as practical.
- Absolutely no crossing the centreline permitted.
- No support vehicles to follow the riders/race.
- You must make attempts to not impede the normal traffic flow.
- You must obey all normal road rules, the instructions provided at the ‘race briefing’, and the direction of the marshals.
NOTE: The NZ Police will be on the course to assist with safety and will issue tickets to riders not obeying the race/road rules. The Race Referee will disqualify any rider disobeying race/road rules.
Generally, disruption to the State highway must be kept to a minimum. The Cromwell Volunteer Fire Brigade will provide marshals at various conflict points such as the one-way bridges at Lindis Crossing and Luggate. The marshals will warn competitors and other road users of hazards only. They have no power to stop traffic.
Cromwell St Johns will be available at the Cromwell Sports Club.